Saturday, 22 September 2012



SEPTEMBER, 2012                                                                                                       VOL 3 ISSUE 7



POST-EXAMINATIONS WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME
With almost 80% of students worldwide unaware of their condition, PEW is one of most silent psychological diseases to afflict teenagers today . 






A 2009 study conducted by the International HappyB Society found that 78% of students aged 12-18 felt an inexplicable sense of depression after the end of an exam. The explanation behind these intriguing results remained a mystery until scientists from the Institute of Mental Happiness (IMH) published a journal yesterday on Post-Examintions Withdrawal Syndrome (PEW). 

The team of scientists discovered that the underlying cause of depression felt by the students was not caused by a loss of their sense of purpose, as many had hypothesized but rather, due to the mental conditioning during the pre-examination and examination period that trains them to perceive indulging in leisure activities as something to feel guilty about. Renowned expert on mental happiness and the head of PEW research, Professor Ang Chia See said that "students are so used to feeling guilt when they watch Running Man and Ghost, sleep and play fifa that the sudden change to freedom comes somewhat as a shock to their system" resulting in significant emotional confusion. However she noted that, not unlike frictional unemployment, while the recovery time differs from person to person, PEW is usually a short-term psychological disorder.

There have been several recommendations made in the journal on how to deal with PEW, including sleeping it off and giving yourself a "full blast" of a particular leisure activity, but scientists have yet to come to a consensus on the issue of recovery. Until then, students who are suffering from a severe case of PEW are advised to contact help staff at the International HappyB society. 



_________________________________________________________________________________


kkkkkkkkkkk that was good, no? Yay! I'm so happy that prelims are over~~~ ^^ kkkkkk and I ALWAYS suffer from PEW kkkkk Like today when I woke up super late after having slept super early yesterday, I was like "I'm such a pig omg ._." and I felt horrible because I could have been.... then I was like wait! There's nothing I have to do now! kkkkkk but seriously, sometimes when I use the computer (like now) I'll just have this horrible feeling of disgust and guilt at not studying :(

Ah well! It sure beats the horrible feeling of guilt when I really should be feeling guilty! kkkkkk 

Did you guys catch my reference to Jia Xi???? I changed her name to protect her identity~ ^^ And in case chem MCQ killed your brain cells yesterday, HappyB society is short for Happyblog! 

Have a happy day everybody! ^^
Happyblog 




0 comments:

Post a Comment