37th OAC SPARTANS
A History
By Happyblog
VOLUME X CHAPTER X
SEAH XIU XUAN SHERBELLE EXPLORED
Seah Xiu Xuan Sherbelle (XX) made up one half of the Powerhouse the Spartans affectionately termed as "The Welfare Chiefs". XX was known to be fiercely protective of those under both Welfare Wings (the 21 Spartans were divided into 2 wings based on their proximity to the base, more commonly known as "the OAC bench") and played a integral role in maintaining cohesion withing the community. This chapter aims to explore some defining aspects of XX however, it is a lacking representation of the beautiful complexity of this Welfare Chief.
1. XX THE "AUNTIE"
Source: XX's Visual History Archive (VHS) "Facebook"
A particularly apt illustration of XX as a mother
While the history of this term of endearment has not been properly documented, locals believe that it originated from Kaiyuan "the Pretentious One" (cf. Volume X Chapter XII Page 21). This seemingly unflattering name was never perceived as derogatory but rather, a testament to her wisdom and motherly nature (See appendix 8.22 for details on the characteristics of an "Auntie").
2. XX AND WELFARE
Source: XX's Visual History Archive (VHS) "Facebook"
XX with the other half of the Spartan Powerhouse
Knighted into "Welfare positions" in both her class and the Spartans, XX certainly had an affinity with welfare. Under her tender loving care, the non-material standard of living in amongst the Spartans improved considerably and multiple sources have cited XX as being one of best at "reading" the emotions of her fellow batch mates. Perhaps one of the most notable demonstrations of her caring nature would be the amount of effort she put in for the birthdays of every single Spartan (See appendix 10.27 for list of Welfare initiatives).
3.XX AND CRYING
Source: XX's Visual History Archive (VHS) "Facebook"
XX (third from right) moved to tears by the Spartan Males
XX displayed tremendous amounts of empathy and this could be seen in the several incidences of heightened emotions recorded in the history of the Spartans. More information on this characteristic can be found in a card written to XX by a member of the Spartans as a parting gift.
_________________________________________________________________________________
KKKKKKKKKK is this cool or is this cool??? ^^ I'm so so excited to post this up!! It's like "Hogwarts- A History" and I tried to write in a different style! I even put inverted commas around every other thing because it seemed like the right thing to do kkkkkkk ^^
On a side note, I do feel obligated to point out that the other chapters and appendices mentioned in "37th OAC Spartans- A History" do not actually exists kkkk except for the last one! Sherbelle I'm referring to the front of the invest card from me okay? ^^
I wanted to make this post extra special cos the Welfare Chiefs do so much for our birthdays and they created this blog (without which my poor Lonelyblog and I would not exist!) ^^ It's so special right?? kkkk but it's hard writing in the serious, intellectual style so I won't be doing it anytime soon :P Ah, too bad TZT's birthday is over, it would have been a joy writing more about him kkkkkk
Although I must say that I do take bribery in the form of chocolates for anyone interested in having their "history" published on the Spartans blog kkkkkkkkkkkk jkjkjkjk
Anyway, happy birthday my dear! It's now time for your birthday song! ^^
Welfare runs in your blood
It comes naturally like a flood
You're far from cold-blood(ed)
You're more like a flower bud
Wow wow wow! Now we haven't had a rhyming birthday song in a very long time, have we? kkkkkkkk
Hope that your birthday has treated you well and may you have many more happy hours to come!
Happyblog ^^



0 comments:
Post a Comment