My Family

Saturday, 26 November 2011

Hi Guys :) 

This is your all time favourite cool/awesome/sexy/handsome/hot/smart/cute/intelligent/wonderful/fantastic/amazing friend YANPERNG!!! I hope you will take some time to read my heartfelt post to yall :')


Things I like about OAC:

I like how friendly and accommodating everyone is
I like how we are so close that you can put us with anyone in the batch and we would be 100% comfortable
I like how you can start a conversation about anything with anyone and it would end in cheer and laughter
I like how we can turn any issue or chore into a surprisingly fun and energizing activity
I like how going for CCA is always a pleasure and never a drag
I like how the guys are so chivalrous
I like how the girls are so compassionate
I like how we work together so well as a team
I like how when we work together on a big task, we can always trust each other to complete and do things to their best ability, never having to worry or check if an assigned job is done
I like how we complement each other, one's strength covering for another's weakness
I like how there is never an awkward moment when we are together
I like how everybody is perpetually high-spirited and genuinely concerned for one another
I like how there is no politics or drama, condescendingness, backstabbing and shit within us, that I can always find comfort, respite and love in OAC

Things I have learnt from OAC:

I learnt to be less selfish
I learnt to be independent and to always take the initiative
I learnt to lead and make use of every chance i am given
I learnt that nobody is superior or inferior to another, just different
I learnt that you can find joy in every situation
I learnt to bond through hardship and pain
I learnt to live in the moment, to be thankful and grateful for everything I have

Things I want to tell everyone of you:

To Ruth and Crystal: Hello ex-westsidegang-now-H(illview)B(ukit)P(anjang)Homies! Thank you guys for being one of the best friends I have had in OAC :) Every moment, from the initial home-going to the numerous last minute mugging sessions, have been truly enjoyable for me! whether its Ruth's unbelievable sotongness or Crystal's terrifying temper, everything you guys do never fail to make me laugh, and make me feel superbly loved as a friend :) hope to spend more time with you all and get even closer to you guys!

To Zhan Teng: Hello leader and mortal! Thank you for doing all you have done for OAC. I know that you have really devoted 99% of your time and energy to OAC, and that you never fail to make sure that our every need is taken care of and that nobody's welfare is compromised. Even when you have to shout at us for ITC and take the brunt of the temporary hatred and displeasure, you would do it for duty's sake! We really appreciate all you have done :)

To Daniel: Hello cow! Thank you for always being there to contribute to OAC, being the behind the scenes, just-do-it assistant to zhanteng! Many times I have seen you do things quietly, doing your best to contribute to the best of your ability without expecting any recognition or credit for your actions! Just know that we all can see your effort and we are all superbly thankful to you! continue being superbly nice to us :D

To Rachel and Cailing: Hello nanhuagirls! Thank you for always making such funny and hilarious comments and for the fake (i hope) insults we throw at each other! It was really a lot of fun for me, and I appreciate having you guys as friends :) Rachel, I have known you better after ITC and I hope you continue to be a fake demure princess its damn joke! Cailing, thanks for being a great angel to me amongst all the other shits! Although Sherbelle says its not about the gifts, but I really love to eat and the loacker was amazingly nice haha sorry for forgetting that you were my second mortal! I will make it up to you sometime :)

To Christie and Yijing: Hello short-hair-mysterious-girls! Thanks for being secretly hardworking when it comes to OAC things! Christie, After ITC then i realised that you are actually someone that I can talk to! Thank you for doing your best to open up to me and the rest of OAC during the camp, and we hope to get to know you even better :) What you told me long ago while walking to the busstop was also very amazing and inspiring! Hope I can think like that more often :) Yijing, Thank you for making me laugh at your weird dreams and hair and your crazy shit ego omg.... and your weird moodswings! They make you all the more an interesting and hilarious person :) Hope your hair grows out soon! And ok la you actually contribute A LOT to OAC, and are always doing your best and pushing yourself during PT :) 

To Zheng Ting, Lihao, Bingru and Sylvester: Hello Playful and childish sportsmen! Thanks for entertaining us with all your nonsense HAHAHA whether its the lame sylvester-style jokes, the teasing of the zt's ahem, poking of lihaos fats or laughing at bingru's girls and kiddiness its really amazing the moqi that you all have. Also, Thank you all for always volunteering to do things, to be gentlemen to the girls and to have fun doing it :) it was an inspiration to me!

To Soon Zhou, Lumyi and Jeremy: Hi nice people :) Thank you three for being the 3 nicest guys in OAC! I never fail to see you guys helping out silently and diligently in the background like Daniel, never expecting anyone to notice specially or clamoring for attention for all you all have done. It is really something that i must learn, and I sincerely thank you guys for teaching me that :) Jiayou and never give up for your actions are clear as day and will receive due recognition :)

To Kaiyuan and Slee: Hi cute couple! haha jk Thanks for entertaining OAC with your neverending antics and "dancing"! It is really very entertaining HAHAHA never fails to lighten up the mood. Kaiyuan, sorry for bullying you as my angel, but you shouldn't have revealed it to me I love surprises!!! Thanks for being part of the lazy, greedy and playful clique with me and shenyee! your greed never fails to amuse and motivate me to be even greedier than you HAHAHA juuuust. Thanks though for really putting in effort during ITC to help me :) To Slee, thank you for being such a valuable addition to Chionice!!! With your expertise and valid knowledge, as well as your genial manner really surprised me. From your prior interaction with kaiyuan i expected you to be a bit mean but you were actually 100% nice, never losing your temper at anybody any point in time, and always willing to help our with your strength, never slacking when you have the chance! I have seen your real, nice side through ITC and i hope to be an even better friend to you :)

To Jiaxi and Sherbelle: Hi diligent Exco-fare! Thank you all for being extremely diligent and organized and ultimately SUPER responsible in your tasks :) To Jiaxi, i tried to put myself in your shoes and I would go CRAZY if I were to have to keep track of all the figures, plus handle so much money, and even having to chase people regularly for the money they owe you without being tired and giving up! Your dedication and diligence in your tasks really motivates me :) Sherbelle, thank you for being an extremely efficient and super caring welfare chief for us spartans! You and Crystal's constantly high quality initiatives always amaze me and make me go WOW inside, and I never regretted sitting back down during the exco nomination day! anyway i wouldn't have gotten it, you guys are both so amazing at what you all do with your superb moqi :) Thank you for also being the caring auntie and confidante for many many members of OAC who confide in you with their secrets, and who seek you for your good advice! You are truly one of welfare :)

To my dearest Shen Yee Fellow Sea Chief: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Initially you gave me the feeling that you loved slacking, but after all this time spent as your fellow sea chief I have to take back those thoughts! You are actually someone who will rise up to the occasion and do what you have to do :) Sorry for not contributing enough to ITC and water activities in general, whom you have been tanking recently... I will have to work harder to match up to your diligence haha! JIAYOU!

There are many more things I wish to say, but you know, words can't describe how I feel. Thank You OAC for giving me so much over the past year. I have really truly deeply Learnt, Lived, Laughed and Loved. Thank you for being another family to me <3



With Love,
-Yanperng

1 comments:

Sean said...

Which poor teacher got cut off in the photo :O

Post a Comment