Saturday, 27 October 2012




So if we get the big jobs and make the big money
if we look back now, will our jokes still be funny?



Sliding her finger across the screen of her cellphone (the iPhone 35 had just been released), she glanced at the digital clock. 10 minutes past their supposed meeting time. How the roles have been reversed, Ruth mused. Almost 30 years ago, when they were new members of the M-18 club, Crystal had been the one waiting. 


Crystal: 
I just woke up!! 


I'm still lying in bed texting you, Ruth read. Over the years they had adopted a shared but unspoken code: Always pretend to be faster than you actually are. "I'm on the bus!" meant "I'm waiting for the bus!" which, when texted, meant "I'm leaving the house soon!" which in turn meant "I just started getting ready!" which they both knew meant "I just woke up!" and when that was said, the pair wouldn't be expected to meet in the next hour. Ruth got up from her seat and walked towards the counter to place her order- it was going to be a long wait. 



너무 반짝반짝 눈이 부셔
So bright so bright, my eyes are blinded



Crystal was different from the start. Ruth knew it when her, ahem, enthusiastic greeting of "YOU'RE MY BLACK FRIEND!!!" followed by an avalanche of questions didn't throw the said "black friend" off. Instead, the deceptively pale girl laughed and continued the conversation.

Crystal shone, well, like a crystal. As one half of the Spartan Powerhouse (also known as Welfare), she commanded attention and respect from the batch. Indeed, even the resident cow, who was now a cleaner, had to ask for her permission before calling her a "white bengal tiger". But it was not just her fierce persona that blazed- the love she had for the Spartans, compounded with her super troll personality, made her dazzle like a bright morning star.



I feel that I've known you forever
and ever and ever



5 days together at a camp and they had know each other for 5 years. 
By that count, they'd been friends for 10950 years now.



As our lives change, come whatever
We will still be, friends forever 



"Caramel Macchiato again ah?" 

Ruth turned to her old friend, Crystal's hair was starting to grey and the crow's feet that lined her eyes spoke of many tears and much laughter. 

But some things never change. 30 years down the road, they were back at Coffee bean, Crystal with her Mocha Ice-Blend (with less whipped cream so she could still get the cool curved cover) and Ruth with her Caramel Macchiato, wrapped in thick jackets and all ready to annoy managers. 


__________________________________________________________________________


Jing Le, I don't know if you remember this but when I wished you "Happy Birthday" today at 12.34am, you asked me why I was so special HAHA When I heard that I was like :O because your birthday song is extra-extra-extra special!!! I can safely say that you're truly one of a kind; there's no one else like you~ kkkkkk I know I say a lot of things are special but this one seriously... I've never done it before okay? >< 

BEFORE YOU CLICK THE VIDEO: Do anything funny and I'll light your face on fire and put it out with a fork before flushing you down the toilet bowl. I recorded this 4(?) hours after I learnt to play k? If you really have to, at least don't laugh in front of me? x.x 




Your birthday song is actually a song!!! kkkkkkk All the other birthday songs were typed (Most didn't even fit the lyrics, I just pretended it did ;)) and I've never sang for anyone before :o kkkkkk
 Anyone want to guess who the master guitarist at the end is? :P 



Let's meet at coffeebean until we're too old to sit okay? We'll stay there forever- there's nothing they can do 'cos we'll be old and if they try anything funny we'll just pretend to have a heart attack MUAHAHAHA

Hope you've had an extra special birthday and may you have many more happy hours to come! 
Happyblog ^^




P/S You're finally a member of M-18!!! kkkkkkk Don't be angry that you're not in anymore okay ;)

P/P/S So now that you're 18 do you understand what I was talking about yesterday????

P/P/P/S I've been wanting to say this for super long but I kept forgetting! Remember the Prologue and Epilogue I wrote for the Spartans Photobook thing? Yeah they're supposed to be reversed! HAHAHA read the back first k? It's supposed to end off on a happy note ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment