A few days late, but nonetheless (:

Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Hey guys, I was just taking some time to reflect on what has happened to me in 2011 and of course, you guys are such a big part of it, I can't help but think of my beloved Spartans.

My dearest Spartans, know that I'm always thankful for having you by my side all the time. Every single one of you are dear to me and cherished forever in my heart.

From you I've learnt the tenacity of a spirit willing to go all the way because of a simple 'Jiayou!' from each other, a sign that we love each other in spite of our weaknesses. Many times I've wanted to give up but an encouragement from you people have always done wonders and I find myself able to continue on.

I've learnt the generosity of friendship, one that gives and not expect anything in return, because everyone in Spartans is always willing to give, to sacrifice, to labour because we love each other and never hold back about our feelings ever.

I've learnt the strength of bonds forged and how, even though it was easy getting friends, they can last, given the proper nourishment and attitude, because we are always there to share, there to care, there to listen, there to just be there.

I've learnt how to make every situation fun and enjoyable, because there are always people to make things fun and exciting and perhaps, I've learnt, too, that maybe, instead, its the positive attitude we have towards a previously unwanted situation that makes it fun, because of the people who are there to provide support, to give strength, to help you face your demons with you.

I've learnt that there can be purely platonic friendships and the bullshit about how a guy and girl can never actually have a pure friendship is just that, bullshit. Every single one of you are my dearest friends and have a special place in my heart.

I've learnt so much over this half a term that we have and I'm anxious for more to know, for more to learn and for memories that we'll have. Even though we know this year is going to be hard and soon after our term ends, its inevitable that some of us will drift, I just hope we will all make the best out of everything that we have, forging friendships with whatever we have, because the hotter the fire, the stronger the steel. (Haha I just realised maybe that can be our theme for YL this year).

I love you guys so much and lets continue on with the rest of our term the same way we did, ever willing to give and serve, and establish bonds with each other so strong that even after our term ends, we'll still find ways to come back to each other.

Like we always do.

Love,
Sherbelle

0 comments:

Post a Comment