Sunday, 11 November 2012


Melons and Their Significance to Modern Society
Happyblog, PhD Melon Studies




Abstract

Members of the plant family Cucurbitaceae, Melons (common name) are edible fruit known for their succulent flesh. The word melon derives from Latin melopepo, which is the Latinization of the Greek μηλοπέπων, which itself is a compound of μῆλον, "magnificent" + πέπων, "awe-inspiring". While the immense contributions of melons have never been slighted, the rapidly evolving sphere of fruits have made necessary a reevaluation of the roles of a melon to the modern society. 


Table of Contents

1. Origin of the Melon 

2. History of Melons

3. List of Extinct and Extant Species of Melons

4. Modern Cultivation of Melons

5. Notable Melons and their Contributions

6. Melons in Popular Culture

7. Final Words on the Melon



_________________________________________________________________________


Chapter 5.5
Notable Melons and their Contributions

Citrullus cailingus


C. cailingus (common name Cailing) is a wild species of melon best known for her natural blush. This melon is one of the rarest fruit and to date, only one such melon has been found. C. cailingus was identified by scientists in November 2011. 

Although fairly innocuous, C. calingus is characterized by the venom lacing the fruit that many term as her "rebellious streak". This vemon is particularly potent when consumed by melons of the same genus. 



C. cailingus pictured with another rare Melon Species C. ruthus (Common ancestor C. menelaus) engaging in cannibalism.  When grown in close proximity, laughing gas is evolved, dissolving both melons into uncontrollable giggling fits.


One of C. cailingus' most celebrated contributions is her development of indestructible fortresses with her skills in pioneering and safety. Indeed, C. cailingus' talent was so highly sought after that Menelaus, a legendary king of Mycenaean Sparta traveled across time and space in search of this melon. To date, the Cailingus Theory of Construction has been used in the building of architectural wonders such as the Great Wall of China and the Spartan Structure.



C. calingus played a key role in the construction of the Spartan Structure- widely known as the most enduring fortress in the history of mankind.


_________________________________________________________________________

The melon post about melons for a melon, from a melon.

Last birthday post of the year! The next one is mine already~ kkkkkk 

Awww, our maknae (youngest) is all grown up already! ^^ How does it feel? Are you starting to unravel some of life's greatest mysteries? When I turned 18, I changed. Have you noticed that I can cross roads like an expert now? kkkkkkk I can see the change in you too... But don't worry, Cailingus! Even though you're starting to rebel against me, I still love you! ^^ 

Anyway, I've got a message from the President of Mature-18!




Dear Ms Hui, 

It is with great honor that I extend to you the invitation to join us in this exclusive club. We, the members of Mature-18, have been awaiting this day for a long time. 11/11 marks the day on which our club finally becomes a whole; you complete us like a thin pointy straw does purple Yakult. 

As the youngest, most deserving member of M-18, you have been granted the honorary title of M18YMDM (M-18 club's youngest, most deserving member).

Thank you for your patience and we look forward to your contributions to the club. 

Yours Sincerely,
President of M-18
Yap Xian Lynn Ruth





Yay! All that waiting paid off! From what I've heard, no one has ever gotten the title of M18YMDM before! I'm so jelly :( Even with my special connections to the M-18 president, I've never even been offered a position as special as that before! kkkkkkk

But I must try to rise above my anguish. I'm truly happy for you and your rapid rise in the ranks of M-18 ^^ In fact, to show you just how happy I am for you, I'm going to compose a birthday song! 


C. Cailingus is so cool (melons are cooling so you must be cool too!!)
She's as cool as a pool 
At least she's not rotten 
Or she'll be black like blackie too~


kkkkkkkk Melon did you get my reference to our near death encounters from being partners during lifesaving???? Yep yep the word "pool" has a really deep meaning... you've got to learn to read between the lines now that you're 18! kkkkkkk ^^

Hope that you've had a cool birthday and may you have many many many many many more happy hours to come! 
Happyblog ^^



P/S I think I used many many many words wrongly but GP's over so I can drag down your language skills and no one will care~



0 comments:

Post a Comment