Newandimprovedblog
Monday, 25 March 2013
Nobody loves me
Everybody hates me
I'm going to eat some worms
Fat worms, skinny worms
Short worms, long worms
I'm going to eat some worms
-Adapted from Lonelyblog: Confessions of a lonely blog
Have you guys read the book Lonelyblog just published? I did. Brought me so close to tears ;(
I'm not sure if there are still copies left! It sold out even before the book was printed so I had to give an arm an a leg just to get my remaining hand on excerpts of the best-selling autobiography! I don't regret a thing though, it was so heart-wrenching, so inspiring that I can't even put my feelings in words. Alas! Due to copyright issues, I won't be able to post it here to share with my beloved Sparties :( Sad life Sparties are sad :(
Anyway, I've been so inspired by Lonelyblog's story of strength and perseverance that I've decided to start a blog! Just as I was thinking up a username for my new blog, an idea struck me with the intensity and brilliance of a bolt of lightning! Why not use this blog! I mean, I'm all for saving the environment by minimizing wastage so why leave a perfectly good blog to die when I can just adopt it? An analogy for those who don't understand: One fine day, Spart was walking down the street. Suddenly it occurs to him that he needs a tub of marshmallow flavored ice cream in order to lead a joyous and fulfilling life. So Spart sets off in the direction of the nearest Spartamarket which, to the dismay of his new sneakers, is 37 miles away. On his journey, Spart meets his close friend Ie who just happened to be carrying a tub of marshmallow flavored ice cream while wearing the saddest expression on his face. As it turns out, Ie had type 1 diabetes and had to have a daily injection of insulin but because he had been so busy, he forgot to stock up on his needles! While his situation was not exactly life-threatening, Ie certainly would not be able to eat his ice cream and the deliciously sweet dessert would melt into oblivion! Heart-broken at his friend's tragic plight, Spart decided to help in the only way he could- by eating the ice cream. Spart thus enjoyed a joyous and meaningful life while Ie was free of the guilt that would have come wasting this box of wonderful-ness <3
So as you can see, we'll all live happily ever after!
Newandimprovedblog ^^
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment